Slow-roasted Greek Style Lamb Shoulder
- juice of two lemons
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 250ml KVO EVOO with Rosemary, Lemon & Garlic
- 2 tsp dried greek oregano
- 6 large sprigs thyme - roughly chopped
- 6 large sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 boned lamb shoulder (about 1.5kg), some excess fat removed, but not all of it - (ask your butcher to remove bone and fat)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Begin this recipe the day before.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the lamb, salt and pepper. Add the lamb, making sure it is totally covered in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours, and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Place meat and marinade in roasting dish and season well with salt and pepper. Roast the lamb for 3-4 hours, basting it from time to time with cooking juices and fat.
- When meat is cooked, leave it to rest for 20 mins before carving or pulling apart.
- If increasing the quantity of lamb; increase ingredients proportionally but DO NOT increase olive oil quantity.