This recipe calls for a double cooking process, but is definitely worth it. The squid is first deep fried, and then stir-fried with vegetables and herbs that add flavour and aroma to a dish.
- Open up the squid tubes, score in a cross-hatch pattern, and then cut into bite size pieces.
- Combine plain flour and cornflour – mix. Add squid pieces and toss lightly to coat. Shake off any excess flour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan/wok to 180°C, and deep fry squid pieces in batches until golden brown (about 3 minutes per batch). Ensure oil has returned to 180°C, before adding next batch.
- Using a clean deep pot/wok over medium heat, add approximately 20ml of Kangaroo Valley Olives Chilli & Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add garlic, chilli and spring onion.
- Fry for about 2 minutes until fragrant and lightly browned. Return the squid to the wok, season well with salt and plenty of ground black pepper and toss to combine. Remove from the wok and serve with lemon wedges.